Anne Onedin

Forum Forums General Discussions Anne Onedin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    I never knew of another lady to play that part.  When I started watching OL, in 1970, it was the lady (I think) who is still married to Peter, in real life.

Linda

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

TOL was first aired as a one-off drama production.

When they came to make it into a series the lady who played Anne decided she didn't want to do it and Anne Stallybrass was cast instead.
    Her bits of the pilot episode were then re-shot

— In shiponedingroup@yahoogroups.com, linda huthmaker <lindaannhuthmaker@…> wrote:
    >
    > I never knew of another lady to play that part.  When I started watching OL, in 1970, it was the lady (I think) who is still married to Peter, in real life.
    >  
    > Linda
    >
    > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    >

galacticprobe
    Participant
    Hey, Linda!

Yeah, Sheila Allen only played Anne Onedin in the pilot, which was thought to have been lost until a copy of it was found in the US Library of Congress of all places. I don't think it was ever shown here in the States. And you're right; it was Anne Stallybrass who played Anne Onedin in the series (first two seasons, with Anne Onedin dying after giving birth to hers and James' daughter, Charlotte, at the end of Season 2).

Anne Stallybrass and Peter Gilmore (James Onedin) fell in love during the filming, and have lived together for decades. They officially married not all that long ago.

Dino.
    P. S. I haven't heard from "Uncle Chuck" (the younger) in a while. I really need to give him a yell or shoot him an e-mail. He was at my retirement ceremony last year and gave me proper grief afterwards. I miss working for him.

—–Original Message—–
    To: shiponedingroup <shiponedingroup@yahoogroups.com>
    Sent: Sun, Oct 30, 2011 6:54 am
    Subject: [shiponedingroup] Anne Onedin

I never knew of another lady to play that part. When I started watching OL, in 1970, it was the lady (I think) who is still married to Peter, in real life.

Linda

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.